Land for the church and the
cemetery was donated by Joseph Maxwell,
an early settler who ran a popular wayside
tavern for which the original village of
Charleston was re-named. June 6, 1893
the church was struck by lightning and
subsequent repairs included raising it to
install a solid foundation. In 2015 the
church was de-sanctified and then sold.
The current owner is re-opening the
renovated church and its property as an
indoor-outdoor celebration venue and has
converted the former Sunday school at the
rear into a two-bedroom B&B unit.
Listing Category
Short Description

